A love of learning is important to our wellbeing, feeding our knowledge, supporting us in responding to challenges and defining a purpose for our lives. This passion for education and personal growth is critical at all stages of development, with each period presenting unique dynamics, demands and value.
Wellbeing Australia recognises formal and informal education at all live points including but not limited to:
- Early childhood & preschool
- Kindergarten/Preparatory school
- Junior & Primary school
- Middle & senior school
- High school
- Tertiary studies
- Apprenticeships & traineeships
- Internships & mentorships
- Post graduate learning
- Practical learning
We believe the value of learning is in having a connection to content, feeling respected, valuing the information and engaging with the educator or platform. Partnering with individuals embracing learning in all its forms we value the relationship between their aspects.
Our education portfolio is led by Kathryn Taylor, an educator by training focused on purposeful, targeted and engaging learning throughout our lives. Read more about Kathryn on our About Us page.
Education is an evolving environment with strong links to our family wellbeing and our direction and connection to the workplace for parents as much as for students embarking on life beyond formal education.
Global research supports the dramatic impact of positive psychology within educational frameworks. Locally and overseas we are seeing an increase in the commitment to positive structures in educational processes and pathways to support students in developing social, emotional and academic literacy to support their life stages.
Wellbeing Australia Articles
- How I Survived the HSC
- Building resilience for life after school
- What is the impact of mental wellbeing on the brain
Summary of Recent Articles
- Social & emotional literacy in transition
- PISA & problem solving
- Australian education & industrial era
- Preparing young people for work report
- Education and employment success
- Schools tackling wellbeing
Key Studies and Research
- Early career education research
- Engaging Students – Creating Classrooms that Improve Learning
- Engaging Employers in Skills Development for the 21st Century: Joint Australian Government and OECD Workshop – Summary Report
- Is schooling preparing our kids?
- Australian Student engagement report
- Supporting kids with autism in the classroom
- Teacher wellbeing Infographic